???

Richard Potato
Entrenched

Have thanks: 36 times

Re: I don't get it

Postby ST » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:13 pm

doom wrote:???

20And Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard:

21And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent.

22And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without.

23And Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid it upon both their shoulders, and went backward, and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces were backward, and they saw not their father's nakedness.

24And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.

25And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren.

26And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.

27God shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.

Genesis 9:20-27.
Scott Tibbs
www.ConservaTibbs.com

Cursed be he that smiteth his neighbour secretly. And all the people shall say, Amen. - Deuteronomy 27:24
ST
I never stabbed anyone with a rusty nail.

Have thanks: 39 times

Postby VietVet » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:10 pm

Scott knows the "classics," like why black people are supposed to be slaves to whites. He's no racist, nooooo.
This disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and powerful,
and to despise or at least neglect persons of poor and mean conditions,
is the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments.

-Adam Smith
VietVet
Entrenched

Have thanks: 53 times

Postby Roving Karl » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:30 pm

The previous post is a pure violation of Cooley's Rules, and should be deleted.

And VV should be warned.

--rk
"The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave."
--Ayn Rand
Roving Karl
INFO shaker & heartbreaker

Have thanks: 6 times

Postby VietVet » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:14 am

Roving Karl wrote:The previous post is a pure violation of Cooley's Rules, and should be deleted.

Please explain, if you can.
is the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments.

-Adam Smith
VietVet
Entrenched

Postby ST » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:19 pm

VietVet wrote:Scott knows the "classics," like why black people are supposed to be slaves to whites. He's no racist, nooooo.

What on Gaia's green earth are you babbling about now, you fool?

There is absolutely nothing in the verse that indicates blacks should be slaves of whites. Were Noah's children of different races? Highly doubtful.

But don't let that get in the way of your obsessive hatred.
Scott Tibbs
www.ConservaTibbs.com

Cursed be he that smiteth his neighbour secretly. And all the people shall say, Amen. - Deuteronomy 27:24
ST

Postby VietVet » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:45 pm

Scott Tibbs wrote:There is absolutely nothing in the verse that indicates blacks should be slaves of whites. Were Noah's children of different races? Highly doubtful.

That's the way it was explained to me, in Sunday School. If that wasn't your point, then what was?

-Adam Smith
VietVet
Entrenched

Postby ST » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:55 pm

Scott Tibbs wrote:There is absolutely nothing in the verse that indicates blacks should be slaves of whites.

VietVet wrote:That's the way it was explained to me, in Sunday School.

Why were you attending a racist, white supremacist church?

VietVet wrote:If that wasn't your point, then what was?

I wasn't making a point, you fool. I was answering a question.

Doom asked a question. He posted a cartoon where one character was telling another character not to mention the "incident" at last year's picnic while another character consoles "Noah."

Doom said:

I don't get it

In response, I posted the context for the cartoon from Genesis 9:20-27.

The fact that you immediately projected the racist training you got at your "church" speaks volumes about you.
Scott Tibbs
www.ConservaTibbs.com

ST

Postby Roving Karl » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:00 pm

VietVet wrote:
Scott Tibbs wrote:There is absolutely nothing in the verse that indicates blacks should be slaves of whites. Were Noah's children of different races? Highly doubtful.

That's the way it was explained to me, in Sunday School.

Wow. V Vet is not only trolling; he's admitting he attended a racist organization.

--rk
"The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave."
--Ayn Rand
Roving Karl
INFO shaker & heartbreaker

Have thanks: 6 times

Postby ST » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:11 pm

Roving Karl wrote:Wow. V Vet is not only trolling; he's admitting he attended a racist organization.

Indeed, RK. The hypocrisy is pretty amazing too. He actually had the audacity to call me a racist and then admitted to attending a racist, white supremacist "church."
Scott Tibbs
www.ConservaTibbs.com

ST

Postby NurseMarcey » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:24 pm

Clearly the thing that we should all be angered by is that B.C. still exists whilst still sucking exactly as much as I remember it from my childhood.

For this useful post NurseMarcey has received thanks from :
dagonz
NurseMarcey
arboretum
arboretum

Have thanks: 122 times

Postby Richard Potato » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:33 pm

NurseMarcey wrote:Clearly the thing that we should all be angered by is that B.C. still exists whilst still sucking exactly as much as I remember it from my childhood.

It's improved a lot since Hart died.

Richard Potato
Entrenched

Have thanks: 36 times

Postby VietVet » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:30 pm

Scott Tibbs wrote:Why were you attending a racist, white supremacist church?

I was a child in a rural community. I attended the family church. Not everyone was racist; and not everyone who claimed to be a Christian was one, in any observable way.

That you would accuse me of racism is Rovian, it's like the deserter's campaign attacking the hero's military credentials. But not surprising, since you have demonstrated your shamelessness many times. And your racism, too.

VietVet wrote:If that wasn't your point, then what was?

I wasn't making a point, you fool. I was answering a question.

The question was answered by the first two verses. What about the other six do you like? If they were to make a different point, what was it?

You're just mad because I recognized your screed, and called you on it.

-Adam Smith
VietVet
Entrenched

Postby ST » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:16 am

VietVet wrote:That you would accuse me of racism is Rovian, it's like the deserter's campaign attacking the hero's military credentials..

Sorry, but you are the one who admitted attending a racist, white supremacist "church."

Let's go back to the tape.

After Doom asked what the cartoon referred to, I provided the context by posting Genesis 9:20-27.

You responded:

VietVet wrote:Scott knows the "classics," like why black people are supposed to be slaves to whites.

You think you scored a "gotcha" but you were only projecting your own racist, white supremacist training in your so-called "church." As I pointed out:

Your response?

VietVet wrote:That's the way it was explained to me, in Sunday School.

So you admitted you attended a racist, white supremacist "church." You admitted that you attended a so-called "church" that perverted Scripture for a racist, white supremacist agenda. That's your problem and your moral failing, not mine.

VietVet wrote:The question was answered by the first two verses. What about the other six do you like?

What are you babbling about now, you fool? I am a Christian. I submit to the Bible as the inspired, inerrant Word of God.

I already said was that there is absolutely nothing in 9:20-27 that in any way indicates that blacks should be slaves to whites.

The fact that you attended a racist, white supremacist "church" that taught otherwise isn't my problem.

VietVet wrote:You're just mad because I recognized your screed, and called you on it.

You are a fool.

It's been well established at this point that using Genesis 9:20-27 to justify depraved white supremacist ideology is your screed, not mine. There is absolutely nothing in the literal, word-for-word text of Genesis 9:20-27 that establishes the racist, white supremacist ideology of your so-called "church."

I could not possibly care less about what anyone says about scripture, no matter who that person is. The only thing that matters is the literal, word-for-word text of Scripture itself.
Scott Tibbs
www.ConservaTibbs.com

ST

Postby VietVet » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:00 am

Attacking me for the church that I was taken to as a child is ridiculous. It's not like I had a choice. You're just mad because I recognized your racist screed, and called you on it.

Doom's question was answered by the first two verses. Why did you quote the other six? If you wanted to make a different point, what was it?

-Adam Smith
VietVet
Entrenched

Next

Return to Fun 'n' Games