School children taught to sing praises to Obama

find your strange bedfellows here

Re: School children taught to sing praises to Obama

Postby Tree Cutter » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:35 pm

Image
User avatar
Tree Cutter
sherwood oaks
sherwood oaks
 
Posts: 1165
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:25 am
Location: Yellowwood Forest
Has thanked: 0 times
Have thanks: 0 times

Re: School children taught to sing praises to Obama

Postby VietVet » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:44 am

Scott Tibbs wrote:No, the song praising Bush is not OK. It was as wrong as the number praising Obama.

I'll look forward to your condemnation of Republicans, as you began this thread with an assault on Democrats.

And I don't really mind your insults -- after all, you have established your reputation by attempting to smear women. Your hatred is a badge of honor.
.
This disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and powerful,
and to despise or at least neglect persons of poor and mean conditions,
is the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments.


-Adam Smith
User avatar
VietVet
Entrenched
 
Posts: 8349
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:46 pm
Location: Nowhere Land
Has thanked: 46 times
Have thanks: 53 times

Re: School children taught to sing praises to Obama

Postby ST » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:02 am

VietVet wrote:
Scott Tibbs wrote:No, the song praising Bush is not OK. It was as wrong as the number praising Obama.

I'll look forward to your condemnation of Republicans, as you began this thread with an assault on Democrats.


You're little more than a hyperpartisan troll.

Waah, waah, someone attacked a Democrat for an indefensible attempt to indoctrinate children! Waah waah!

Mimicus and Louie both said it was inappropriate as well.

Predictably, Leftists are whining that conservatives need to denounce similar incidents, such as children being taught to praise the utterly incompetent FEMA for the response to Hurricane Katrina. First, that was obviously inappropriate and also merits strict discipline of any government employees involved. Second, that is a classic Tu Quoque logical fallacy – justifying indoctrinating government school students because of something Bush supporters did. That is not going to fly, people. Childishly pointing fingers and whining "he did it too" is not an intellectually sound response.


http://scott-tibbs.blogspot.com/2009/09/obamas-cult-of-personality.html

VietVet wrote:And I don't really mind your insults


Of course you don't, because when I attack you, I am attacking an internet creation. I am attacking a fictional character set up by someone who is too much of a sniveling, spineless coward to use his/her/its real name.

So tell me, are you really a Vietnam veteran? If so, it's no wonder we lost that war. It makes me sick to think someone like you served in the military, especially during wartime. I don't respect your service and never will, because you are nothing but a sub-human puddle of slime and filth.
Scott Tibbs
www.ConservaTibbs.com


Cursed be he that smiteth his neighbour secretly. And all the people shall say, Amen. - Deuteronomy 27:24
User avatar
ST
I never stabbed anyone with a rusty nail.
 
Posts: 7697
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:46 am
Location: Indiana
Has thanked: 5 times
Have thanks: 39 times

Re: School children taught to sing praises to Obama

Postby SJ » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:15 am

Scott Tibbs wrote:So tell me, are you really a Vietnam veteran? If so, it's no wonder we lost that war. It makes me sick to think someone like you served in the military, especially during wartime. I don't respect your service and never will, because you are nothing but a sub-human puddle of slime and filth.


Maybe Jesus will give him cancer for his internet sins.
SJ
seminary
seminary
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:00 am
Location: Parts Unknown
Has thanked: 0 times
Have thanks: 0 times

Re: School children taught to sing praises to Obama

Postby mimicus » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:18 am

Scott Tibbs wrote:So tell me, are you really a Vietnam veteran? If so, it's no wonder we lost that war.


Actually, we handily "won" the Vietnam war, at least militarily. In every battle with the North Vietnamese, our forces were dominant. We won every skirmish, every battle, every encounter. They lost 2.5 million soldiers and civilians in the war. We lost ca. 50,000.

The problem was that, no matter how many battles they lost, the North Vietnamese just won't quit.
Under rules planned for one chamber, guns would be allowed on the Assembly floor and in the Assembly viewing galleries, said sources who have been briefed on the plans. That would mean the public could bring guns into the viewing galleries but would still have to adhere to other existing rules, including one that bars the use of still cameras and video cameras.

-- Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, on what Republican control of the Wisconsin statehouse really means
mimicus
Entrenched
 
Posts: 8840
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:36 pm
Has thanked: 0 times
Have thanks: 15 times

Re: School children taught to sing praises to Obama

Postby ST » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:19 am

SJ wrote:Maybe Jesus will give him cancer for his internet sins.


Notice that two-faced, fork-tongued hypocrite "SJ" doesn't say one word about the repeated lies, fabrications and personal attacks against me - a real person - by the sniveling, spineless anonymous coward "VietVet." Of course, "SJ" doesn't dare use his/her/its real name either.
Scott Tibbs
www.ConservaTibbs.com


Cursed be he that smiteth his neighbour secretly. And all the people shall say, Amen. - Deuteronomy 27:24
User avatar
ST
I never stabbed anyone with a rusty nail.
 
Posts: 7697
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:46 am
Location: Indiana
Has thanked: 5 times
Have thanks: 39 times

Re: School children taught to sing praises to Obama

Postby kjk » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:46 am

---"So tell me, are you really a Vietnam veteran? If so, it's no wonder we lost that war. It makes me sick to think someone like you served in the military, especially during wartime. I don't respect your service and never will, because you are nothing but a sub-human puddle of slime and filth."---


Unreal. Even as an anti-war protestor, I never would go so far as to swiftboat the soldiers, and I've developed a much better respect for everything they must have gone through. Some of my very best friends are Vietnam Vets.

Kerry was a posturer and an opportunist who didn't deserve any of the medals he won, and might have self-inflicted his wounds that earned him purple hearts. At least that's what the Right-wing smear machine would have us believe. I didn't expect to see it used so close to home on such a personal level, however.
When rats desert a sinking ship, just where do they think they're going?
User avatar
kjk
leonard springs nature
leonard springs nature
 
Posts: 3443
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:15 pm
Location: the airport, boarding an ethereal plane, with tickets in First Class. Good seats still available.
Has thanked: 2 times
Have thanks: 140 times

Re: School children taught to sing praises to Obama

Postby Gremlin » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:31 am

Scott Tibbs wrote:So tell me, are you really a Vietnam veteran? If so, it's no wonder we lost that war. It makes me sick to think someone like you served in the military, especially during wartime. I don't respect your service and never will, because you are nothing but a sub-human puddle of slime and filth.



Seriously Scott? I think this is over the line. If you really think about it, I think you will agree that you need to apologize.
If people do not believe that mathematics is simple, it is only because they do not realize how complicated life is. -John von Neumann

If you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the precipitate. -Stephen Wright

Some days you wake and immediately start to worry. Nothing in particular is wrong, it’s just the suspicion that forces are aligning quietly and there will be trouble. -Jenny Holzer
User avatar
Gremlin
Graphmaster
 
Posts: 2670
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:33 pm
Location: State of confusion
Has thanked: 26 times
Have thanks: 151 times

Re: School children taught to sing praises to Obama

Postby BigDog » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:51 am

Scott Tibbs wrote:You're little more than a hyperpartisan troll.

Waah, waah, someone attacked a Democrat for an indefensible attempt to indoctrinate children! Waah waah!

VietVet wrote:And I don't really mind your insults


Of course you don't, because when I attack you, I am attacking an internet creation. I am attacking a fictional character set up by someone who is too much of a sniveling, spineless coward to use his/her/its real name.

So tell me, are you really a Vietnam veteran? If so, it's no wonder we lost that war. It makes me sick to think someone like you served in the military, especially during wartime. I don't respect your service and never will, because you are nothing but a sub-human puddle of slime and filth.


ST, you have really crossed the line on this one. How can you come to these forums and tell everyone what a great "Christian" you are, then proceed to blast people in such a way? Like I've told you before, being a "Christian" entails more than going to The Church of What's Happening Now.

Did you serve our country in the military, ST? Have you laid YOUR life on the line to ensure the freedoms you so enjoy? I seriously have my doubts. Who are YOU to come after people in such a way? Did you speak to Jesus personally before you spewed this vile?

Just because you post with your "supposedly" real name here, do you think that gives you special status? This is hyperspace you dumbass... anyone could be "Scott Tibbs". I seriously doubt you would be so vocal if you were standing in the same room with Viet Vet or anyone else for that matter. Get a life and get over yourself. You make me want to vomit!
Last edited by BigDog on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
BigDog
Support Your Right to Arm Bears
Image
User avatar
BigDog
leonard springs nature
leonard springs nature
 
Posts: 4169
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:16 am
Location: Southeast Side
Has thanked: 1 times
Have thanks: 14 times

Re: School children taught to sing praises to Obama

Postby dd » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:55 am

pd wrote:I differentiate between the office of the President and the person currently in the office.


But as per usual, context means nothing at all.

Like how, in the first place this video was shot back in February during Black History Month (and you guys are just now pitching a bitch about it). School kids, singing a celebratory song for the first black American President, during Black History Month - yeah, that's totally 'indoctrination'. :ST:

Or how the parents of those children were notified and given the lyrics and didn't see anything to complain about at the time.

Or how the songs the kids sang that day also included songs about Lincoln and Washington.


Then again, one would think that if you though both were "creepy", then you would have railed against the Bush song when that happened. But, you didn't. You wait until after you've leveled the charge against a Democrat, and gotten egg all over your face because it's been pointed out that the same has happened with Republican presidents as well. Of course you claim it's "creepy" to now, so as not to look like a huge hypocrite. It's real easy to do that several years after the fact, huh?

Another load of bullshit crybaby theatrics from the right. Over something that actually happened several months ago, that had the approval of the parents involved, then.

And you wonder why people are beginning to dismiss you out of hand as either racist, obstructionist, or just plain sore losers...
"A fundamental concern for others in our individual and community lives would go a long way in making the world the better place we so passionately dreamt of." Nelson Mandela
User avatar
dd
Leprechaun Catcher
 
Posts: 10450
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:41 am
Has thanked: 483 times
Have thanks: 812 times

Re: School children taught to sing praises to Obama

Postby dd » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:05 am

Scott Tibbs wrote:I never once said that it was OK, and the anonymous coward "VietVet" knows it.


No, you just never posted any threads claiming indoctrination; Never condemned it.

And I'll agree with Gremlin and BD that your horns are starting to show again. Hopefully, once you've calmed down some, you'll give VV the same consideration you gave me once, especially considering he has laid his life on the line for you and every other American. Whether you share the same political views or opposite ones should be irrelevant to how you treat those who have served this country. This inability you have to turn the other cheek is in direct opposition to being a real Christian, and you know that as well as I do.
"A fundamental concern for others in our individual and community lives would go a long way in making the world the better place we so passionately dreamt of." Nelson Mandela
User avatar
dd
Leprechaun Catcher
 
Posts: 10450
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:41 am
Has thanked: 483 times
Have thanks: 812 times

Re: School children taught to sing praises to Obama

Postby SJ » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:36 pm

Scott Tibbs wrote:
SJ wrote:Maybe Jesus will give him cancer for his internet sins.


Notice that two-faced, fork-tongued hypocrite "SJ" doesn't say one word about the repeated lies, fabrications and personal attacks against me - a real person - by the sniveling, spineless anonymous coward "VietVet." Of course, "SJ" doesn't dare use his/her/its real name either.


I was just trying to make you feel better. With that long list of misdeeds, Holy retribution should be all that more likely, I'd think. And even if nothing happens in this life, Hell still awaits. Chin up, you'll win in the end!

But I do have to wonder, why would someone who so despises anonymous posters spend so much time interacting with them? You do realize you're the only person on this board that uses his name, other than that one guy with a real-sounding name that never argues about anything.
SJ
seminary
seminary
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:00 am
Location: Parts Unknown
Has thanked: 0 times
Have thanks: 0 times

Re: School children taught to sing praises to Obama

Postby dd » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:16 am

pd wrote:Hey, leave it to dd to criticize someone who's agreeing with her.


Hey, leave it to pd to wait until years after the fact (and only then when the right is called out on it) to call something a Republican did creepy, while jumping on the bandwagon instantly when a Democrat does it, and then try to claim it's agreement.

If the right wasn't called out on the Bush song, you still wouldn't have said a peep about it, so please don't pretend that you're being fair and balanced. It's insulting to those of us who can actually recognize good acting when we see it.
"A fundamental concern for others in our individual and community lives would go a long way in making the world the better place we so passionately dreamt of." Nelson Mandela
User avatar
dd
Leprechaun Catcher
 
Posts: 10450
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:41 am
Has thanked: 483 times
Have thanks: 812 times

Re: School children taught to sing praises to Obama

Postby ST » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:35 pm

pd wrote:To me, it is creepy when we're deifying any sitting President after one month on the job.


Indeed. It's a disturbing look into the cult of personality surrounding Obama.
Scott Tibbs
www.ConservaTibbs.com


Cursed be he that smiteth his neighbour secretly. And all the people shall say, Amen. - Deuteronomy 27:24
User avatar
ST
I never stabbed anyone with a rusty nail.
 
Posts: 7697
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:46 am
Location: Indiana
Has thanked: 5 times
Have thanks: 39 times

Re: School children taught to sing praises to Obama

Postby VietVet » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:26 pm

Indeed. It's disturbing look back at the cult of personality surrounding W.

Or Reagan -- a public facility named after him in every county in the country -- what's up with that?
.
This disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and powerful,
and to despise or at least neglect persons of poor and mean conditions,
is the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments.


-Adam Smith
User avatar
VietVet
Entrenched
 
Posts: 8349
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:46 pm
Location: Nowhere Land
Has thanked: 46 times
Have thanks: 53 times

PreviousNext

  • Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron